The General Manager is responsible for all areas of the restaurant operations. Front and BOH management to direct and oversee all activities of a restaurant in accordance with standardized policies in order to provide efficient, friendly services and profitable operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adhere to company standards and service levels to increase sales and minimize costs, including food, beverage, supply, utility and labor costs
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial (invoices, reporting) and personnel/payroll related administrative duties are completed accurately, on time and in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Maintain professional restaurant image, including restaurant cleanliness, proper uniforms, and appearance standards
- Ensure positive guest service in all areas. Investigate and respond to complaints, taking any and all appropriate actions to turn dissatisfied guests into return guests
- Manage shifts which include: daily decision making, scheduling, planning while ensuring consistent high quality of food preparation and service
- Provide direction to employees regarding operations and procedural issues while developing employees by providing ongoing feedback, establish performance expectations and by conducting performance reviews
- At least 3 years General Manager experience in a full service, high volume dining establishment
- Additional experience in Regional or multi-unit management is preferred
- Strong knowledge of front and back of house operations including food, beverages, staff supervision, inventory, food safety, service techniques, and guest interaction
- Strong understanding of cost and labor systems that lead to restaurant profitability
- Strong communication and leadership skills combined with advanced computer and math skills
- Stable and progressive work history; Strong work ethic
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to stand the entire shift. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; stoop; bend; shake, stir, and pour; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly exposed to sharp objects, slippery floors, smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, and extreme cold. The employee regularly comes into contact with water, sanitation solutions, meat products, poultry products, seafood, and produce items. The employee is frequently required to wash hands. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.