Local Taco is gearing up for a busy Fall/Winter season and we need some new, friendly faces! Part-time or full-time, we're looking for Front of House staff with a positive attitude who enjoy working as a team.
Our Front of House staff are friendly, make above minimum wage PLUS tips, AND we're only open from 11AM-10PM, so we won't keep you out too late or up too early. Our Cashiers/Expo/Bar staff can expect to earn a minimum of $14/hr between tips and wages.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Maintaining complete knowledge of Restaurant’s food and beverage preparation
- Selling alcohol and food items
- Entering and completing customers’ orders on computer system; accepting different types of payment and making change
- Interacting with guests in a friendly and fast manner; ensuring guests’ complete satisfaction and exceeding their expectations
- Maintaining specific side-work and ensuring the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant
- Clearing and resetting tables
- Checking identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages; refusing to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age
- Reporting to work in a neat and clean uniform; maintaining well-groomed hair and personal hygiene as established by company policy
- Performing other duties as directed
Interviews are available from 2-5PM on Monday-Friday.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Ability to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better
- State alcohol server license required within 30 days of hire
- Basic mathematical skills; ability to make change
- Basic reading and writing skills
- Basic computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is standing the entire shift. The employee frequently reaches, bends, stoops, lifts, shakes, stirs, pours, carries and pushes. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls in repetitive motions. The employee is frequently required to walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee occasionally lifts and carries tubs and cases weighing up to 75 pounds. The employee must frequently communicate with expediters and servers and read orders on tickets. The employee is occasionally exposed to hazards including, but not limited to cuts from knives, slipping, tripping, falls and burns; frequent exposure to smoke, steam, high temperatures, humidity, extreme cold; frequent contact/immersion of hands in water, sanitation solutions, produce items, and frequent washing of hands.